Thursday, January 4, 2007

My Daughter's E-Mail - ATM Hold Ups

E-Mail:

"PIN NUMBER REVERSAL (GOOD TO KNOW)
If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ~ATM machine,~ you can notify the police by entering your Pin # in reverse. For example if your pin number is 1234 then you would put in 4321. The ATM recognizes that your pin number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the machine. The machine will still give you the money you requested, but unknown to the robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to help you. This information was recently broadcasted on TV and it states that it is seldom used because people don't know it exists. Please pass this along to everyone possible."
*
Mom's Reply and Good Advice:
*
To My Darling Younger Daughter (Have you seen that blog of mine yet?).

I don't have much money and I withdraw a mere pittance since I live on bread and water and fast at least a day or two a week. If I get held up it may be a good thing since it will give me a reason to file yet another Police Report. I've had to file several already. It will work to my advantage. Send all those would be ATM robbers my way!

Let's face it, they have to eat too! Could this be why we have all these problems with so many bank hold ups? We all use credit and bank cards - there's no cash floating around out there. The bank tellers don't even have much cash in their tills so it takes more hold-ups to collect enough cash for these robbers to maintain their standard of living.

When I was a cashier the rule was, "If you are being robbed at gun point, let the robbers have all the money they want."

That's the way I see it!

SmileyCentral.com
Mom

No comments: